Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The Medical Treatment visa (subclass 602) is for people to have medical treatment or medical consultations in Australia. You cannot apply for this visa to have medical treatment for surrogate motherhood.It is a temporary visa. You can apply for this visa when you are in or outside Australia.If you apply in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted.And if you apply outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when your visa is granted.

This visa allows you to:

Stay in Australia for medical treatment
Study for up to three months, unless you are younger than 18 years old and your circumstances change while you are in Australia
Travel to Australia either once to enter the country until the treatment plan is completed, or
as many times as you want while your visa is valid.

The Medical Treatment visa (subclass 602) has replaced the following visas:
Medical Treatment (Short Stay) visa (subclass 675)
Medical Treatment (Long Stay) visa (subclass 685).

If you hold one of these visas, it will be valid until the date you were given when your visa was granted.You cannot apply for this visa if you already hold another visa that has a ‘No further stay’ condition.You might be able to get this visa if you:

Have a medical treatment plan or medical consultation in Australia

Are going to donate an organ to someone

Are coming with a patient or organ donor who is applying for this visa

Are going to receive an organ from someone who travels to Australia with you

Coming to Australia as a patient under the arrangements between the Western Province of Papua New Guinea and the Queensland Department of Health

Are in Australia, and you are 50 years of age or older, and you have been refused a permanent visa on health grounds only.

To be granted this visa you must also
Meet financial, health and character requirements

Not have a medical condition that could be a threat to public health

Not hold either of the following visas:

A Domestic Worker (Diplomatic/Consular) visa (subclass 426)

The Domestic Worker stream of the Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (subclass 403).

Financial Requirements

You must provide evidence that you have enough money to support yourself while you are in Australia. You must also show that you have enough money for your travel and treatment.

You must also show that you have made arrangements for:

Your treatment
Other expenses related to your stay in Australia
The expenses of anyone who comes with you to Australia (this includes an organ donor’s expenses).
You must show that payment for any treatment in a public hospital has been approved by the treating hospital.

Health Requirements

You must meet certain health requirements. The health examinations you need will depend on your personal circumstances, including your period of stay, country of citizenship, time spent in another country during the last five years and your intended activities in Australia.

Note: Different requirements will apply if you are undergoing medical treatment in Australia.

The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.You are able to organise your health examinations upfront before lodging a visa application.

Character Requirements

You must meet certain character requirements. You must be prepared to provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age. Do not arrange for police certificates until we ask you to.

Provide Biometrics

You might be asked to provide biometrics (a scientific form of identification) as part of the application. Countries and visa subclasses included in the biometrics program has more information.

Applying outside Australia:
There is no application charge for this visa if you apply from outside Australia or if you represent a foreign government.

Procedure for Applying
The documents required for applying
Finance Information


Welcome to Global Collge Malta AIPE LCA UK Parkland College Canada
Copyright © 2008 - 2018 MSD Consultant All Rights Reserved