Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Australia is a great place to live and work, offering lifestyle and employment opportunities. To work, you must have a valid Australian visa with work rights. A range of temporary and permanent skilled visas are available. Australian laws provide all employees with basic rights and protection in the workplace.If you like the idea of Australia's climate and lifestyle and are looking for a career challenge in a country with lots of opportunities - Than take the next step to find out more about Australia's skilled working visas.

Your journey starts when you submit an expression of interest for a skilled visa through SkillSelect. By using SkillSelect the Australian government could invite you to lodge a visa application or you could be nominated by an Australian or state and territory government. Find out what you need to do to complete your expression of interest through SkillSelect.

The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) allows skilled workers to come to Australia and work for an approved business for up to four years.You must be sponsored by an approved business. A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work.You can be in or outside Australia when you lodge your application.

This visa allows you to:

Work in Australia for up to four years
Bring your family to work or study in Australia
Travel in and out of Australia as often as you want

Approved Occupations

You must work in a skilled occupation that has been approved by the Australian Government.The list of eligible occupations is available on the Skilled Occupation Lists (Formerly Known as Form 1121i). This list includes a number (an ANZSCO Code) next to each occupation title.You can use this code to find a more detailed description of the qualifications and experience required for each of the eligible occupations from the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

Skill Requirements

You need to show that you have the skills and experience necessary to work in the nominated occupation. The evidence that you can provide is listed in the Document checklist for visa applicants You are responsible for all your health costs while you are in Australia. You will not be covered by Australia's national health scheme (Medicare) unless your country has a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia.If your nominated occupation is a trade occupation, you might need to do a skills assessment. The Trades Recognition Australia website has more information on which occupations require an assessment.

If your nominated occupation is 'Project and Program Administrator or Specialist Manager not elsewhere classified', you will need to a skills assessment for migration purposes. The VETASSESS website has more information. You cannot use a VETASSESS skills assessment that you have had for a Skilled General (Temporary) visa (subclass 485) in your application for this visa.

Registration and Licensing

If requested by your visa processing case officer, you must provide evidence from the relevant Australian registration or licensing authority that you hold, or will be able to meet, the registration or licensing requirements to work in your nominated occupation.Your approved sponsor should be able to provide you with the necessary licensing and registration information.

English Language Requirements

It is important that you can speak, write and understand a sufficient level of English while you are in Australia. We use the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Occupational English Test (OET) to determine your level of English language proficiency.If you are sponsored by a standard business sponsor, you must show that you have English language proficiency that is equivalent to:

an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test score of at least 5 in each of the four test components of speaking, reading, writing and listening, or a score of at least 'B' in each of the four components of an Occupational English Test (OET).
You do not need to show that you meet this requirement if your nominated occupation does not need a level of English language proficiency for a grant of registration, licence or membership and any of the following apply to you:

You are to be paid a salary that is more than the English-language-requirement exempt amount. This amount is set at a gross base salary excluding all deductions. The current amount is listed on the gazetted list of English language exemption.
You hold a passport from Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America.You have completed at least five years of continuous full-time study in a secondary or higher education institution where instruction was conducted in English.
If your nominated occupation needs a level of English language proficiency for a grant of registration, licence or membership, you need to provide evidence that you have the required level. You can do this by providing evidence that you have the relevant registration, licence or membership.

If you are sponsored by a party to a labour agreement, you must meet the English language ability specified in the agreement.

Health Requirements

You must meet certain health requirements. The health examinations you need will depend on your personal circumstances, including your period of stay, country of citizenship, time spent in another country during the last five years and your intended activities in Australia. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.This applies to you and any dependent family members included in your application.You are able to organise your health examinations upfront before lodging a visa application.

Health Insurance

You must have adequate health insurance unless you are covered by Medicare. You should ensure that your insurance will provide at least the level of coverage required for the purpose of your stay. Your health insurer could be in either Australia or your home country.Your insurance must cover you and any members of your family who come with you to Australia.

Character requirements

You must meet certain character requirements. You must provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age.This also applies to all dependent family members in the application who are older than 18 years of age.

The text for Basic Information
Procedure for Applying
The documents required for applying
Finance Information


Welcome to Global Collge Malta AIPE LCA UK Parkland College Canada
Copyright © 2008 - 2018 MSD Consultant All Rights Reserved