Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Can you come to the UK as a visitor for private medical treatment?
This page explains whether you can come to the UK asa visitor for private medical treatment.

The 'visitor for private medical treatment' category is for nationals of countries outside Europe. If you are a national of the European Economic Area (EEA), or a family member of an EEA national, see the Eurepean nationals section.

To come to the UK as a visitor for private medical treatment, you must be able to provide satisfactory evidence of:

your medical condition and the consultation or treatment that you need;
the estimated costs of the consultation or treatment; and
the likely duration of your visit.
You must be able to show that:

the proposed course of treatment is of finite duration;
you have made satisfactory arrangements for the necessary consultation or treatment, at your own expense;
you intend to leave the UK at the end of your treatment;
you have enough money to have enough money to pay for the consultation or treatment;
you also have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
you have satisfied the Medical Inspector that there is no danger to public health, if you are suffering from a communicable disease;
you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
you are not in transit to a country outside the 'Common Travel Area' (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).
You must also be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:

take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;
do a course of study;
marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership; or
carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor.
You will be allowed to come to the UK for a maximum of 6 months;

For information about your rights and responsibilities while you are in the UK, see the Visitors' rights and responsibilities section.

You should provide documents to show that you meet the above requirements. The Documentspage contains more information.

You may need to obtain a visa before you can come to the UK as a visitor for private medical treatment. The Do you need a visa? page contains more information.

The text for Basic Information
Procedure for Applying
The documents required for applying
Finance Information


Welcome to Global Collge Malta AIPE LCA UK Parkland College Canada
Copyright © 2008 - 2018 MSD Consultant All Rights Reserved