Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (visa category B-1), tourism, pleasure or visiting (visa category B-2), or a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2). If you wish to visit USA for medical treatment you need to select the B-2 visitor visa catagory. Here are some examples of activities permitted with a visitor visa:

Business (B-1):

consult with business associates
attend a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference
settle an estate
negotiate a contract

Tourism and Visit (B-2):

vacation (holiday)
visit with friends or relatives
medical treatment
participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation)

You can go to the United States as a visitor for private medical treatment.The 'visitor visa B-2 for private medical treatment' category is for nationals of countries outside Europe. If you are a national of the European Economic Area (EEA), or a family member of an EEA national,you might not be required a visa to enter U.S for medical treatment.To go to the USA as a visitor for private medical treatment, you must be able to provide satisfactory evidence of:

your medical condition and the consultation or treatment that you need;
the estimated costs of the consultation or treatment; and
the likely duration of your visit.
You must be able to show that:

the proposed course of treatment is of finite duration;
you have made satisfactory arrangements for the necessary consultation or treatment, at your own expense;
you intend to leave the USA at the end of your treatment;
you have enough money to have enough money to pay for the consultation or treatment;
you also have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
you have satisfied the Medical Inspector that there is no danger to public health, if you are suffering from a communicable disease;
you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
You must also be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:

take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;
do a course of study;
marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership; or
carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor.
You will be allowed to go to the USA for a maximum of 6 months to 5 years visa;

You should provide documents to show that you meet the above requirements. The Documentspage contains more information.

The text for Basic Information
Procedure for Applying
The documents required for applying
Finance Information


Welcome to Global Collge Malta AIPE LCA UK Parkland College Canada
Copyright © 2008 - 2018 MSD Consultant All Rights Reserved